The Young Investigator Award of the "Société de Biomécanique" in partnership with
The Young Researcher Award of the “Société de Biomécanique” is supported by OptiTrack. It rewards with €1,000 a young researcher whose work quality and originality is recognized at the international level. The research field can be fundamental or applied, but should be in line with the research themes of the “Société de Biomécanique”.
The award is open to all members of the “Société de Biomécanique” who defended their PhD thesis between ten and two years before the next annual congress of the “Société de Biomécanique”.
The application and selection criteria for this award, which exists since 1986, will redefined as of the 2019 congress of the “Société de Biomécanique”. The evaluation of candidates will no longer be based on the abstract submitted to the congress, but on a more complete dossier and an oral presentation. In addition, the presentation should be based in part on a first rank publication (SJR Q1) of which the candidate is the first author.
The application file must contain the following elements in a single pdf document.
- A letter of motivation from the candidate (max. 1 page).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A CV (max. 2 pages),
- A list of publications in peer-reviewed journals, with number of citations per article and h-index.
- The copy of the first author's article, written after the PhD, which will have been chosen as the main support for the oral presentation.
- A description of the research and teaching (max. 4 pages).
• Summary of work/projects
• Results achieved/expected
• Originality and innovation
• Collaboration and interdisciplinarity
• Synthesis of courses given (discipline/theme, level, number of hours, type)
• Animation of teaching, training and diploma
The scientific committee of the award will present a pre-selection of three nominees in the third week of May. The three nominees will then present their current and future work during the following annual congress of the Société de Biomécanique. After this presentation, the winner will be selected by the Board of Directors of the Société de Biomécanique, on the basis of the evaluation of the applications by the scientific committee, the oral presentation and the answers to questions. The award will be presented at the gala evening of the congress.
The winner undertakes to submit an article as the first or last author on a free research topic to the Journal of Biomechanics or Clinical Biomechanics, within one year of receiving the award. This submission will follow the normal evaluation procedure of the journal concerned. If the submitted paper is accepted, it will be presented in the journal as the winner of the Young Investigator Award of the Société de Biomécanique.
Result of pre-selection : May 20, 2019
Date of congress : October 28-30, 2019