The thesis award of the Société de Biomécanique, sponsored by Biometrics, rewards a young doctor whose thesis work, carried out in a French-speaking university, is in line with the research themes of the Société de Biomécanique.
The winner will receive a prize of 1000 € and will have to present his or her work during a dedicated plenary session at the Biomechanics Society congress.
Candidates must :
- be a member of the Society of Biomechanics and up-to-date with their membership fees
- have obtained their thesis between December of the year N-2 and December of the year N-1. For example, to apply in 2023 you must have defended your thesis between December 2021 and December 2022. The deadline for application is April 15, 2023. The winner will present his or her work at the Congress in the fall of 2023.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Submit your application by e-mail,
- A curriculum vitae (2 pages),
- A summary of the thesis (in French, about one page),
- The thesis manuscript (in pdf format),
- The reports of the referees,
- The defense report,
- The membership card of the Biomechanics Society for the current year.
The deadline for sending the application is April 15th.
Incomplete applications or those sent after this date will not be evaluated.
Three scientific experts will evaluate the applications. On the basis of these evaluations, the winner will be selected by the board of the society. The candidates will be informed of the results in June.
If you have any questions about this award, please send an email to